Haemodialysis is a treatment for people in the later stage of chronic kidney disease (kidney failure). This treatment uses a special machine (dialysis machine) to clean the blood and remove waste products such as potassium and urea, as well as excess water from the blood.
Haemodialysis is typically administered using a fixed schedule of three times per week.
To date, Sau Seng Lum operates with a total of 100 units of dialysis machines and caters to about 200 patients who require 12 to 13 treatments per month. As we are affiliated with the Nephrology Department of University Malaya Medical Centre, our patients are also tended by the visiting Nephrologists.
- To provide low cost, high quality haemodialysis treatment to the poor dialysis patients regardless of race, creed and religion.
- To provide long term benefits such as reducing medical charges and subsidizing medical costs to lessen poor dialysis patient’s financial burden.
- To provide educational allowance to patient’s children.
- To sponsor in kidney transplant fund at local government hospitals.
- To help dialysis patients in rebuilding their confidence in life.
- To increase patient’s understanding of the kidney disease and enhance patient’s health and quality of life.
- To provide free blood test, health screening and to promote public awareness on the importance of “Prevention is better than cure”.
- Assist in obtaining government subsidies or SOCSO funding.
- Referral to government hospitals for advance procedures.
- Provide updated dialysis technology: Haemodiafiltration (HDF).
- Provide simple vascular assessment (Ultrasound, Transonic) and referral.
- Diagnostic: Blood tests, ECG, water composition analysis.
- Provide subsidies in Erythropoetin injection and iron injection.
- Participate in National Renal Registration for potential kidney transplant.
- Continuous health education given by health care team.
Please contact us at +603 - 7783 2293, 7782 2293, 7782 7546 for more information.